The first step to solving any problem is admitting you have one. This week, we reported that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau released a report that finally recognized that small financial institutions may pay relatively more on compliance than large market players. But large and small firms are still on the hook to comply with the same regulations.
As the debt collection industry makes its plans for 2014, in compliance and beyond, we want to know: How much of your 2014 budget is dedicated to compliance costs? In the CFPB study, some small companies had dedicated up to six percent of their budget to compliance. Check out the new poll on our homepage to respond.
While you’re at it, we’re offering an opportunity to save more than 40 percent on an essential compliance information tool for next year. insideCompliance, our new series of targeted monthly webinars, make YOU the expert in debt collection compliance. Use these materials to build a solid training resource for your company. Pass on what you learn to vendors and clients, to ensure everyone in your network has a strong grasp on ever-changing industry standards. Distinguish yourself by leading the industry in best practices.
- A seat at all insideCompliance live webinars for 2014.
- Free copies of all insideCompliance webinar slides.
- A transcript and audio recording from all insideCompliance 2014 webinars.
- Miss a live webinar? No problem! From the day you register, you’re eligible to receive all 2014 archived material (slides, transcripts, recordings).
- Collection Complaints: Harnessing and Responding to CFPB Scrutiny (Registration is open now!)
- Assessing the Impact of the CFPB’s Advance Notice on Proposed Rulemaking for the Debt Collection Market
- Debt Collection Portals: Promises and Pitfalls
- The Evolving Landscape of Vendor Management
- Navigating Best Practices for Collector Compensation
- Debt Collection Licensing Requirements
- How to Survive a CFPB Audit
- And much more!
*Please note: Webinar topics and final dates are subject to change. You will receive advance notice of each month’s webinar topic.