On June 18, the FCC voted on a package of declaratory rulings under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). The rulings are designed to close loopholes, provide clarity on how the Commission interprets TCPA, and affirm consumers rights to control the calls they receive. The rulings will have substantial impact on marketing and customer operations across many industries.
On Monday, July 27 at 2:00 pm ET, Neustar will host the webinar, What You Need to Know About the FCC’s TCPA Declaratory Rulings. In this webinar, Becky Burr, Neustar Chief Privacy Officer, and Mark Brennan, Partner at Hogan Lovells, will provide key insights into the FCC’s order for organizations engaged in contacting consumers or customers via phone or text for telemarketing, collections, servicing, alerting and other communications.
In this webinar, you’ll get the answers to these questions:
- What do these new rulings mean to your company?
- What is the definition of an autodialer?
- What does the one call exception for reassigned numbers mean and what is the impact?
- What are the special exemptions that the FCC announced?
- What steps can your company take to mitigate TCPA risk?
Register for this webinar to ensure you stay abreast of the most recent developments on TCPA and minimize your risk of noncompliance.